Pantha Du Prince "The Splendour"
While minimal techno may have died in a storm of rote blips and clicks set against 4/4 kicks, some of the genre's better practitioners haven't given up the ghost, and Pantha Du Prince is a member of this small coterie. With a penchant for melancholic chord progressions, small rifts, and icy sonic landscapes, "The Splendour" is a slice of deep techno that keeps some minimalist aesthetic alive, but eschews the genre's microscopic tendencies in favor of a dichotomy between smaller aural gestures and grander, more lush synth sweeps. Like a more detail-obsessed Lawrence, Pantha Du Prince is sure to remain at the top of the minimal field with his next full-length, Black Noise, which arrives on February 9 of next year.
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsCheck Out Tensnake's New 'On Repeat #2' Mix
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player