Au Revoir Simone "Take Me As I Am (Max Cooper Remix)"
UK producer Max Cooper (pictured above) is known for his dancefloor-oriented techno—check his recent rework of Abe Cooper and Blake Baxter for proof of that—but this remix of Brooklyn's Au Revoir Simone finds him applying a softer touch. Reducing the girls' vocals to ghostly reverb while delicately layering tinkling keys and warm sub-bass over the song's delicate original melodies, he transforms "Take Me As I Am" into six-plus minutes of sublime bliss. With remixes on the way for artists like Hot Chip and DJ Hell, not to mention more of his own original productions, 2010 is shaping up to be a big year for Cooper.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player