Au Revoir Simone "Take Me As I Am (Max Cooper Remix)"
UK producer Max Cooper (pictured above) is known for his dancefloor-oriented techno—check his recent rework of Abe Cooper and Blake Baxter for proof of that—but this remix of Brooklyn's Au Revoir Simone finds him applying a softer touch. Reducing the girls' vocals to ghostly reverb while delicately layering tinkling keys and warm sub-bass over the song's delicate original melodies, he transforms "Take Me As I Am" into six-plus minutes of sublime bliss. With remixes on the way for artists like Hot Chip and DJ Hell, not to mention more of his own original productions, 2010 is shaping up to be a big year for Cooper.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player