Pavel Ambiont "Error Asking Thread to Dub"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
When the Unsound Festival kicks off in New York next week, many people will flock to see heavy hitters like Carl Craig and Vladislav Delay or buzzworthy up-and-comers like Untold. Yet the festival curators have taken special care to invite all sorts of artists to participate, and the man traveling the farthest to perform is none other than Belarusian dub-techno producer Pavel Ambiont. Although his name may not ring out quite yet, the analog pulse of "Error Asking Thread to Dub" is proof that you can never can be sure exactly who is going to blow your mind at festivals like this one. Ambiont will be performing on February 13 as part of the Bass Mutations showcase alongside Untold, 2562, TRG, Pole, and FaltyDL—not a bad introduction to the United States.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player