Cassian "Final Round"
There's something to be said for disco's staying power. The genre is basically 30 years past its heyday, yet high-quality new disco tracks continue to worm their way on to dancefloors around the globe. Take "Final Round" from Australian producer Cassian, which marries disco beats with sleazy '80s wah-wah synths and sound effects from Street Fighter II. Taken from the freshly released Friday Night EP, "Final Round" is something like an updated version of the Out Run soundtrack (vintage gamer nerds know what we're talking about), the kind of breezy cut that's perfect for an afternoon spent shut away in your bedroom while you sharpen your hand-eye coordination, periodically throw the controller against the wall, and subsequently apologize to your mom when she hears you screaming at the TV.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player