The latest in DJ/producer Poirier's series of EP releases for Ninja Tune, all of which are leading up to his forthcoming full-length album Running High, Low Cieling is said to be inspired in part by his early years in the underground rave scene. The booming 808 kick which leads in and carries "Marathon," not to mention the playful synth melodies, lay testament to that, but it's the track's dancehall and bass inclinations that make this tune a real part of the Poirier sound.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player