Ontario native Dan Snaith has gone through plenty of transformations over the years, including changing the name of his long-running project Manitoba to Caribou. Yet Snaith's ability to craft engaging pieces of electronic psychedelia has remained constant, and if "Odessa" is any indication, more of the same can be expected when his new album, Swim, is released on April 20. The song finds Snaith boiling his varied talents as a multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter and producer into a relaxed-yet-snappy slice of dance-pop, and "Odessa" also scores major bonus points for effectively channeling a bit of Kings of Convenience and Arthur Russell.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsHyperdub Details Third 10th-Anniversary Compilation
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
XLR8R Downloads Player