Loose Shus "Taurus"
The fact that several incarnations of "Taurus," by San Francisco producer Dave Luzius (a.k.a. Loose Shus), have been floating around for years in live sets and on self-released CDs before receiving a proper release from Plant speaks volumes to its classic sound. The funky Quincy Jones bassline, smooth Donna Summer string section, and motorik Giorgio Moroder beat of "Taurus" all pay homage to the golden eras of pop and disco, yet the track remains new and original in its own right. Don't miss Loose Shus when he brings his insane audio/visual live performance to San Francisco's Grow Up party this Wednesday.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player