Many Mansions "Frontier Gnosis"
Boston's Many Mansions exist somewhere between the tropicalia of Tanlines and the spaced-out synth trips of Experimental Audio Research. On "Frontier Gnosis," the group utilizes a swirling synth drones, high-frequency tinklings, and a propulsive beat to create the feeling of being completely unmoored—and loving every minute of it. With incomprehensible but nicely delayed vocal lines coming in and out of the mix, the piece could fit nicely next to Animal Collective, or even something a bit more subdued. Taken from the group's upcoming split 12" with Truman Peyote, which is available for pre-orders here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player