The Seven Fields of Aphelion "Grown"
The Seven Fields of Aphelion has crafted a perfect album for ambient daydreaming with Periphery, and "Grown" is no exception: it expresses an intense wistfulness, opening with piano lines on top of drones and building to a swirl of piano-synth harmonies. High-frequency sine-wave dapplings and a healthy amount of delay round out the track's gorgeous ache. Though she's a member of Black Moth Super Rainbow, the simple grace of the Seven Fields of Aphelion's music is a most unexpected and welcome reprieve from the sensory overload often caused by that group's aural antics.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player