The Seven Fields of Aphelion "Grown"
The Seven Fields of Aphelion has crafted a perfect album for ambient daydreaming with Periphery, and "Grown" is no exception: it expresses an intense wistfulness, opening with piano lines on top of drones and building to a swirl of piano-synth harmonies. High-frequency sine-wave dapplings and a healthy amount of delay round out the track's gorgeous ache. Though she's a member of Black Moth Super Rainbow, the simple grace of the Seven Fields of Aphelion's music is a most unexpected and welcome reprieve from the sensory overload often caused by that group's aural antics.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
XLR8R Downloads Player