Class Actress "Journal of Ardency"
New York is no stranger to disco-influenced electro-pop, what with The Golden Filter and the stable of DFA artists, but there's always room for another addition to the party. Elizabeth Harper and Mark Richardson are Class Actress, a Brooklyn outfit born from a mutual love for vintage synths and classic pop. The title-track from their Journal of Ardency EP is just that; cool and collected vocal hooks from Harper's sultry croon floating atop a straightforward dance beat rife with shimmering synths and bouncing basslines.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player