Polish electro-acoustic composer Jacaszek is riding a wave of interest in his work, what with his recent Resident Advisor podcast and numerous soundtrack projects under way. "Lament" is exemplary of Jacaszek's work, which shares Henryk Górecki's ponderous movements, Arvo Pärt's neo-classical melodic sensibilities, and dark atmospheric flourishes that wouldn't be out of place on a Burial record. Tonight, Jacaszek will be playing with members of the ACME orchestra at Le Poisson Rouge as part of a showcase of Polish composition, which has been given a special spotlight as part of this year's Unsound Festival, wrappin up this Sunday in New York.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player