Epstein Y El Conjunto "A Lost Animal (featuring School of Seven Bells)"
With ten years of music-making as Epstein under his belt, not to mention recent collaborations with Prefuse 73 and last year's full-length under his Helado Negro alias, Roberto Lange's latest album continues nicely along the aural pathway he has set for himself. "A Lost Animal" is indicative of this sound, featuring chattering vinyl samples, fuzzy syncopated synth lines, and complicated rhythms as influenced by hip-hop as they are by South American folk music. And with the soaring vocals of School of Seven Bells floating over much of the track, "A Lost Animal" is the perfect ear candy for a lazy afternoon.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player