Free the Robots "Orion's Belt Buckle"
LA's Free the Robots has slowly been crafting one of the more unique sounds to come out of the West Coast beat scene, pairing futuristic basslines that could fit into a dubstep set with chunky, dusty beats that sound straight out of the mid-'80s. On "Orion's Belt Buckle," bass throbs in front of wet, slowed industrial percussion while spacey synth lines and arpeggiations round out the track's melodic end. With his debut album, Ctrl Alt Delete, coming out March 30, this slice is exemplary of what this young beatmaker can do.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player