Free the Robots "Orion's Belt Buckle"
LA's Free the Robots has slowly been crafting one of the more unique sounds to come out of the West Coast beat scene, pairing futuristic basslines that could fit into a dubstep set with chunky, dusty beats that sound straight out of the mid-'80s. On "Orion's Belt Buckle," bass throbs in front of wet, slowed industrial percussion while spacey synth lines and arpeggiations round out the track's melodic end. With his debut album, Ctrl Alt Delete, coming out March 30, this slice is exemplary of what this young beatmaker can do.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player