Known as one of the founding members of the Shinkoyo music collective as well as a resident at Brooklyn's Paris London West Nile performance space, Zeljko McMullen (pronounced 'zhel-ko') has recently been returning to the dance forms of his youth. But rather than producing dark, hard techno tracks that hurry along at ungodly speeds, McMullen's Wish project has a brighter feeling. "trippelette," for example, is a shimmering number featuring warm bass tones, astoundingly multi-layered synth polyrhythms, and watery, high-frequency tinklings. Like a glass of lemonade on a hot summer day, the piece is bound to make it onto stereo systems as warmer weather approaches. For more information as well as other tracks from the Wish project and Shinkoyo, check out his artist page.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player