Next week will see the release of Triangulation, the second album from Scuba (a.k.a. Paul Rose). "Before" offers a smoldering glimpse of the record, which finds the Hotflush label boss dabbling in house, techno, and other styles while further pushing the boundaries of exactly what a dubstep artist is supposed to sound like. With its vinyl crackle and sultry female vocal, "Before" actually resembles vintage Massive Attack. Factor in the song's pensive synth tones and you've got some downbeat audio gold. Make sure to also peep the kaleidoscope-powered video for "Before," which was put together by director Sam Geer.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
XLR8R Downloads Player