On "Bermuda," LA's KISSES deftly combine the clean, synth-driven throwback disco of some Morgan Geist productions and the male vocals that helped define the '80s New Romantic sound. Vintage synths, bright jangly guitars, and dusty beats ride below a voice that recalls a more full-throated Tony Hadley (of Spandau Ballet). With a sound that sits nicely next to the Smiths as well as Geist's recent collaborations with Jeremy Greenspan, KISSES' upcoming full-length just might lead to a new New Romantic revival.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player