On "Bermuda," LA's KISSES deftly combine the clean, synth-driven throwback disco of some Morgan Geist productions and the male vocals that helped define the '80s New Romantic sound. Vintage synths, bright jangly guitars, and dusty beats ride below a voice that recalls a more full-throated Tony Hadley (of Spandau Ballet). With a sound that sits nicely next to the Smiths as well as Geist's recent collaborations with Jeremy Greenspan, KISSES' upcoming full-length just might lead to a new New Romantic revival.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
XLR8R Downloads Player