Little Brother "Curtain Call"
It's not just the name of the track that makes "Curtain Call" sound like the last salvo from Little Brother's final album, LeftBack. Amidst shimmering synth flourishes, a boogie-indebted bassline, and a shuffling drum-machine beat, Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh declare, "this is it, the last monologue/last act in the play, you could say the epilogue," and then list off their thank-yous as the track fades out—sounding less like an acceptance speech than the end of a memoir.
LeftBack is out April 20 on Hall of Justus.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player