Virgo "Do You Know Who You Are"
1989's "Do You Know Who You Are" might be one of the best deep Chicago cuts ever recorded, its monstrous kicks, bright wandering synths, and deliciously delayed guitars creating a blueprint for all true deep house to come, from the Burrell brothers to the almighty Kerri Chandler. Pile on synth buzz, near-subsonic bass, and watery harmonies, and there's no denying the piece's greatness, which makes it all the better that Trax and Rush Hour have just re-released Virgo's only eponymous album. Featuring new artwork and tracks remastered for maximum loudness, the release shows that Rush Hour is fast becoming the best archival house label in the world.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player