The Hundred in the Hands "Dressed in Dresden (Kyle MF Hall Remix)"
Brooklyn duo The Hundred in the Hands is an interesting group. The band is signed to Warp, some of its music has been produced by disco stalwart Jacques Renault, and they've just passed along this remix from Detroit techno prodigy Kyle Hall, but the original version of "Dressed in Dresden" sort of sounds like Bloc Party. Hmm. Well, whatever works. Their new 12" on Warp comes out on April 6, and they'll be performing that night at Santos Party House to celebrate along with friends Renault, James Fucking Friedman, and The Rapture, who will all be DJing. In the meantime, dig into this remix, which finds Hall—billed as Kyle "MF" Hall, which we're okay with because the guy is a fucking boss already at age 18—stripping out the guitars and poppy post-punk while injecting a healthy dose of soulful Detroit techno. We approve.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player