The Hundred in the Hands "Dressed in Dresden (Kyle MF Hall Remix)"
Brooklyn duo The Hundred in the Hands is an interesting group. The band is signed to Warp, some of its music has been produced by disco stalwart Jacques Renault, and they've just passed along this remix from Detroit techno prodigy Kyle Hall, but the original version of "Dressed in Dresden" sort of sounds like Bloc Party. Hmm. Well, whatever works. Their new 12" on Warp comes out on April 6, and they'll be performing that night at Santos Party House to celebrate along with friends Renault, James Fucking Friedman, and The Rapture, who will all be DJing. In the meantime, dig into this remix, which finds Hall—billed as Kyle "MF" Hall, which we're okay with because the guy is a fucking boss already at age 18—stripping out the guitars and poppy post-punk while injecting a healthy dose of soulful Detroit techno. We approve.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player