The Hundred in the Hands "Dressed in Dresden (Kyle MF Hall Remix)"
Brooklyn duo The Hundred in the Hands is an interesting group. The band is signed to Warp, some of its music has been produced by disco stalwart Jacques Renault, and they've just passed along this remix from Detroit techno prodigy Kyle Hall, but the original version of "Dressed in Dresden" sort of sounds like Bloc Party. Hmm. Well, whatever works. Their new 12" on Warp comes out on April 6, and they'll be performing that night at Santos Party House to celebrate along with friends Renault, James Fucking Friedman, and The Rapture, who will all be DJing. In the meantime, dig into this remix, which finds Hall—billed as Kyle "MF" Hall, which we're okay with because the guy is a fucking boss already at age 18—stripping out the guitars and poppy post-punk while injecting a healthy dose of soulful Detroit techno. We approve.
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player