The Hundred in the Hands "Dressed in Dresden (Kyle MF Hall Remix)"
Brooklyn duo The Hundred in the Hands is an interesting group. The band is signed to Warp, some of its music has been produced by disco stalwart Jacques Renault, and they've just passed along this remix from Detroit techno prodigy Kyle Hall, but the original version of "Dressed in Dresden" sort of sounds like Bloc Party. Hmm. Well, whatever works. Their new 12" on Warp comes out on April 6, and they'll be performing that night at Santos Party House to celebrate along with friends Renault, James Fucking Friedman, and The Rapture, who will all be DJing. In the meantime, dig into this remix, which finds Hall—billed as Kyle "MF" Hall, which we're okay with because the guy is a fucking boss already at age 18—stripping out the guitars and poppy post-punk while injecting a healthy dose of soulful Detroit techno. We approve.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player