Via Tania "Fields (The Juan Maclean Remix)"
- Words: Thomas Rees
In the fine tradition of remixing female singer-songwriters' lovely originals into club bangers, The Juan Maclean has completely transformed Via Tania's majestic "Fields" into a floor-filling, ass-shaking slice of tech-house gold. Using only the choicest stems of Via Tania's purring vocals, angular guitar work, and quirky percussion, there is certainly something of Radioslave here, and perhaps even a bit of Nima Gorji's "Hopp Hopp," a 2009 track which liberally sampled traditional gypsy music. Like all good techno, the changes are slight, unexpected, and completely mind-melting. It would behoove any DJ to play this if they want to see a dancefloor explode, especially given the piece's stunning, washed-out apex. If you're in the mood to see the folksy stylings of Via Tania with backing band Seabear, then head to SXSW this week!
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player