Via Tania "Fields (The Juan Maclean Remix)"
- Words: Thomas Rees
In the fine tradition of remixing female singer-songwriters' lovely originals into club bangers, The Juan Maclean has completely transformed Via Tania's majestic "Fields" into a floor-filling, ass-shaking slice of tech-house gold. Using only the choicest stems of Via Tania's purring vocals, angular guitar work, and quirky percussion, there is certainly something of Radioslave here, and perhaps even a bit of Nima Gorji's "Hopp Hopp," a 2009 track which liberally sampled traditional gypsy music. Like all good techno, the changes are slight, unexpected, and completely mind-melting. It would behoove any DJ to play this if they want to see a dancefloor explode, especially given the piece's stunning, washed-out apex. If you're in the mood to see the folksy stylings of Via Tania with backing band Seabear, then head to SXSW this week!
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player