It takes two minutes for MyKill's "Flashback" to really get moving, but move it does. Funky guitar and piano samples slowly filter into the mix, and hold on tight to the propulsive disco-house beat. The San Francisco DJ/producer fades back and forth between a couple different classic disco samples throughout his clubby track for the Solid Bump compilation Pleasure & Pressure Vol. 2—maintaining a vibe not unlike Mylo's more energetic moments, all the while.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player