Lando Kal "Fuzzy Ankles"
Brooklyn's Lando Kal is one half of the Lazer Sword crew, so while the bass-blap of the latter is certainly reflected in the bass tones of his solo project, the beats are more indebted to electro-house. "Fuzzy Ankles" is a slow-burning number, replete with a hypnotically glacial house beat, menacing synths, and high-frequency shimmers of sound. With its bit of squelch and a clean breakdown, the track is perfect for late-night hi-jinks, when everyone on the floor is loaded to the gills and ready to get down with some serious beats. Taken from Lando's new split 12" with the other half of Lazer Sword, Low Limit, out now on Numbers.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player