The Golden Filter "Hide Me"
New York's The Golden Filter sound like a mid-'80s Italo band with an icy Nordic gloss, particularly on "Hide Me," which channels Doctors Cat's anthemic qualities as much as Annie's synthetic love-pop. Arpeggiated bass propels the track, with lush pads and tinkling melodic flourishes riding on the same wavelengths as vocalist Penelope's thin, breathy vocals. With extensive tour dates coming up, including an multiple performances at SXSW this week, The Golden Filter are ready to take the synth-pop world by storm.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player