The Golden Filter "Hide Me"
New York's The Golden Filter sound like a mid-'80s Italo band with an icy Nordic gloss, particularly on "Hide Me," which channels Doctors Cat's anthemic qualities as much as Annie's synthetic love-pop. Arpeggiated bass propels the track, with lush pads and tinkling melodic flourishes riding on the same wavelengths as vocalist Penelope's thin, breathy vocals. With extensive tour dates coming up, including an multiple performances at SXSW this week, The Golden Filter are ready to take the synth-pop world by storm.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player