Loops Haunt "Huarache (NastyNasty Edit)"
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: Passetti
Scotland's Loops Haunt crafts noisy, industrial dubstep sounds, and on this edit from Oakland's NastyNasty, the noise is brought to new levels. Perhaps it is the percussion's more pronounced stutter, or maybe it is the addition of a cut-up vocal snippet, but the piece is infinitely more disorienting and strange than the original's Richard D. James-does-dubstep feel. Quite something here, though its dancefloor efficacy is questionable.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player