Rainbow Arabia "Kabukimono (Pictureplane's Negative Slave Re-Work)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Elena Lacuesta
Last fall, LA duo Rainbow Arabia remixed a song from Pictureplane, and now the bedazzled, Denver-based artist has returned the favor. Taken from an upcoming free remix EP, Pictureplane's version of "Kabukimono" slows down the original, running Rainbow Arabia's electro-exoticism through a gritty, lo-fi filter and ultimately creating something with a little more punch. You could say that this is art-school-warehouse-global-lo-fi-rave-bass music, but that sounds like a fucking nightmare. This song is actually good.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player