Deceptikon is a recent transplant to the Bay Area, and he's brought with him a new album, Mythology of the Metropolis, from which "Kinyoubi" is taken. Thick, wet handclaps and deep kicks dominate the track's percussive element, with an interesting move from a more dubstep feel to a slow-motion house beat towards the piece's end. Starry main synths, gut-rumbling bass, and beautifully unintelligible vocals provide the melodic backbone of "Kinyoubi," making for an exciting and versatile slice from this upcoming producer.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player