DJ Homewrecker "La Bootalla"
- Words: Thomas Rees
The city of Madison, Wisconsin, might not seem like a natural place for techno, but it is certain that at least DJ Homewrecker is keeping the beats coming. "La Bootalla" is a tribal banger that shares an affinity with the works of the Underground Resistance crew, particularly the Latin-infused techno-funk of Los Hermanos and the jazzy flavor of UR's "Hi-Tech Jazz." Featuring a lovely, bright sax line riding above massive kicks and sopping hand-claps, the track also includes organ stabs and some raucous vocal clips, making it perfect for mixing with anything from a Detroit slice to a more progressive techno piece from the Cocoon cohort.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player