Games "MIDI Drift"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Though "MIDI Drift" is said to be born of a video concept involving corporate offices, a KGB-involved vixen, and a pair of Camrys, the actual sounds on the track by production duo Games are far more heart-on-sleeve than erotic espionage. The team—made up of Daniel Lopatin of Oneohtrix Point Never and Joel Ford of Tigercity—immediately presents us with a host of synths that seem to plead for us to shower them with love and attention. The flurry gives way to a standard dance beat and bouncing bass synth to set the track's groove before smoothly chopped vocal samples and another host of vintage synth tones come back to carry away the rest of our affections.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player