Games "MIDI Drift"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Though "MIDI Drift" is said to be born of a video concept involving corporate offices, a KGB-involved vixen, and a pair of Camrys, the actual sounds on the track by production duo Games are far more heart-on-sleeve than erotic espionage. The team—made up of Daniel Lopatin of Oneohtrix Point Never and Joel Ford of Tigercity—immediately presents us with a host of synths that seem to plead for us to shower them with love and attention. The flurry gives way to a standard dance beat and bouncing bass synth to set the track's groove before smoothly chopped vocal samples and another host of vintage synth tones come back to carry away the rest of our affections.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player