Games "MIDI Drift"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Though "MIDI Drift" is said to be born of a video concept involving corporate offices, a KGB-involved vixen, and a pair of Camrys, the actual sounds on the track by production duo Games are far more heart-on-sleeve than erotic espionage. The team—made up of Daniel Lopatin of Oneohtrix Point Never and Joel Ford of Tigercity—immediately presents us with a host of synths that seem to plead for us to shower them with love and attention. The flurry gives way to a standard dance beat and bouncing bass synth to set the track's groove before smoothly chopped vocal samples and another host of vintage synth tones come back to carry away the rest of our affections.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player