Graham Hatke "Miles Away"
With a loose, frenetic synth line fluttering over deep, dry kicks and bass throbs, it is easy to compare the techno offerings of Baltimore's Graham Hatke's latest to the recent outpourings of Omar-S, or even a Theo Parrish joint from the early aughts. But there is an undeniable spaciness to Hatke's sound palette on "Miles Away" that brings Michoacan or even Idjut Boys to mind, which sets it apart from its American influences in an interesting way. Definitely an early evening floor-filler, Hatke shows a talent that we hope to hear more from soon.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player