Graham Hatke "Miles Away"
With a loose, frenetic synth line fluttering over deep, dry kicks and bass throbs, it is easy to compare the techno offerings of Baltimore's Graham Hatke's latest to the recent outpourings of Omar-S, or even a Theo Parrish joint from the early aughts. But there is an undeniable spaciness to Hatke's sound palette on "Miles Away" that brings Michoacan or even Idjut Boys to mind, which sets it apart from its American influences in an interesting way. Definitely an early evening floor-filler, Hatke shows a talent that we hope to hear more from soon.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player