Graham Hatke "Miles Away"
With a loose, frenetic synth line fluttering over deep, dry kicks and bass throbs, it is easy to compare the techno offerings of Baltimore's Graham Hatke's latest to the recent outpourings of Omar-S, or even a Theo Parrish joint from the early aughts. But there is an undeniable spaciness to Hatke's sound palette on "Miles Away" that brings Michoacan or even Idjut Boys to mind, which sets it apart from its American influences in an interesting way. Definitely an early evening floor-filler, Hatke shows a talent that we hope to hear more from soon.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player