Koss "Ocean Waves"
Another moniker of jazzy house composer-producer Kuniyuki Takahashi, Koss' works exist somewhere between Stars of the Lid and the Chain Reaction discography, and "Ocean Waves" is exemplary in this respect. Featuring an insistent kick and bass rumble behind warm, soaring synth drones, echoey piano tinklings, and high-frequency hisses, the piece is the aural equivalent of a sunset, its thudding-yet-sentimental ambience perfect for a mix filled with Peter Zummo, Fluxion, and Brian Eno. Taken from the upcoming international release of his 2008 Japan-only Mule album, Ancient Rain.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player