Kenneth James Gibson "Painted Eyes"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
People love to throw out the word "schizophrenic" to describe musicians, but in the case of Kenneth James Gibson, it might actually be true. By his own estimation, the prolific LA-based techno producer has recorded under approximately 12 different monikers. His latest effort, "Something in the Way," on the rapidly up-and-coming Culprit label, was actually made under his own name and was released just today. Although those songs remain under lock and key (unless you actually buy them—what a novel idea), Mr. Gibson has passed along "Painted Eyes," a sultry vocal techno cut on par with his already stuffed volume of work. Watch for a Kenneth James Gibson LP later this year.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player