Alex B "You and I Both Know"
Fresh-faced beatmaker and Brainfeeder mix contributor Alex B sent over this premiere of a track from his forthcoming debut, Moments. Entitled "You and I Both Know," this diddy is a brief look into the type of herky-jerky rhythms and smooth, spaced-out sonics to be heard through the album's 17 tracks. Within two minutes we are treated to a tweaked soul loop, delayed vocal stabs, sporadic percussive elements, and swirling synth arpeggiations wrapped around a descending bass melody. It all comes off sounding more like an interlude between larger movements, but we can only know for sure when Moments is released April 6 via Alex B's own Elm and Oak imprint.
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- NewsGerd Readies New 12" for DFTD; Preview It Now
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player