Funki Porcini "This Aint the Way to Live"
One of Ninja Tune's original star producers, Funki Porcini (a.k.a. James Braddell), returns with his fifth album for the label, and with a first single like "This Aint the Way to Live," there's no doubt that Braddell has stuck to his downtempo/chillout roots. Here, sub-sonic bass, foreboding synth harmonies, and bits of squelch ride over dusty percussion that occasionally explodes in wet, synthetic fury. In some ways, "This Aint the Way to Live" is almost too dark for a club's side room, but it is certainly perfect for rainy day walks or drives through a metropolis, its gray sonic pallette and plodding tones reflecting slick streets and soaked faces.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player