One has to expect that a certain amount of imitation will follow the creation of a sound that so perfectly defines a specific genre, so Burial can't be too bent out of shape with Finnish producer Late for borrowing a bit from his playbook. On "Bittersweet," chopped up female vocal samples, rolling percussion-heavy beats, and heavily reverberated synths all come together to make a particularly familiar dubstep track. Late uses these ideas well, regardless, and makes use of all six minutes of "Bittersweet" to create a desolate atmosphere that should fit well into the rest of his forthcoming Phantom Papers EP.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player