Ras G "Breakfast Blunts"
Space travel isn't a new theme for the burgeoning beat scene, but few seem as focused on exploring such inspirations as LA's Ras G (& The Afrikan Space Program). His latest bass-driven intergalactic escapade, "Breakfast Blunts," comes from the third installment of the All City label's ongoing 10" series dedicated to So Cal's head-nodders, on which he shares wax space with fellow Brainfeeder Samiyam. On "Blunts," a crunchy beat gallops along with an arsenal of distant transmissions from who knows where always floating along at its side. Ras eventually joins the company of someone who sounds a lot like Chris Tucker ranting indecipherably before taking off again to discover new sonic realms.
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Aphex Twin, Jamie xx, Todd Terje, and More
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- PodcastThe Range
- NewsGerd Readies New 12" for DFTD; Preview It Now
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player