Gosub "Eyes of Nimrud"
Miami's Gosub has certainly absorbed the electro-funk sounds that have been coming from Detroit for years, as "Eyes of Nimrud" sounds like a lost Drexciya track. Its ominous bass loop, dry hand-claps, and squelchy synth runs would fit right in on a Submerge Recordings compilation, and the pitch-shifted vocals are insanely similar to those on countless Underground Resistance recordings. While the press release's claim that Gosub is "predicting funk's future" seems a bit absurd as a result of these similarities to older, more venerated recordings, his talents are evident and plentiful on this track taken from his The Last Time... EP. Available on sale right now, it would behoove all fans of UR and its affiliates to jump on this slice ASAP.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player