Gosub "Eyes of Nimrud"
Miami's Gosub has certainly absorbed the electro-funk sounds that have been coming from Detroit for years, as "Eyes of Nimrud" sounds like a lost Drexciya track. Its ominous bass loop, dry hand-claps, and squelchy synth runs would fit right in on a Submerge Recordings compilation, and the pitch-shifted vocals are insanely similar to those on countless Underground Resistance recordings. While the press release's claim that Gosub is "predicting funk's future" seems a bit absurd as a result of these similarities to older, more venerated recordings, his talents are evident and plentiful on this track taken from his The Last Time... EP. Available on sale right now, it would behoove all fans of UR and its affiliates to jump on this slice ASAP.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player