Bakey Ustl "First Class"
- Words: Thomas Rees
XLR8R favorites Teengirl Fantasy met native Estonian Bakey Ustl while studying in Amsterdam, and have been slowly spreading word of Ustl's astounding productions ever since. "First Class" is a track with sonics existing somewhere between contemporary UK funky sounds and the deep, jazzy house found on Stuttgart's Philpot label. With delirious, lush synths and intense polyrhythms running throughout, the high-frequency flourishes, squelchy bits, and rumbling bass play off of an exemplary sonic core. Though he doesn't have a record deal yet, be assured that a label will snatch up Ustl sometime very, very soon, especially given his eclectic palette and range of influences.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player