Caltrop "Good to See You"
The German-born DJ/producer Christoph Caominh (a.k.a. Caltrop) may release his music on the practically un-Googleable Portland-based Nude Photo Music label, but he calls the Bay Area home. His latest track for the imprint, "Good to See You," sounds like Caltrop traveling between the three locations. The motorik churn of Kraftwerk's "Trans-Europe Express" is invoked while Caominh's brightly colored synths, calming melodies, and passing analog textures call to mind the beach cliffs and mountain tops seen on drives through the Pacific Northwest.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player