Walls "Hang Four (Banjo or Freakout Remix)"
Releasing this collaboration between Sam Willis (of Allez-Allez) and Allessio Natalizia (a.k.a. Banjo or Freakout) is an interesting move for Kompakt, as Walls' music straddles the fine line between slow-motion Balearic vibes and something more akin to Boards of Canada or cLOUDDEAD. However, while Walls' sound might not fit into any preconceived notions of Kompakt's sonic roster, there is something strangely suitable about the pairing—after all, this remix takes a sunny, beardo-disco track akin to Meanderthals and transforms it into something more like early White Rainbow, replete with beats, seemingly infinite loops, and soaring vocals. Kompakt has delivered a pleasant surprise here, and one can only hope that it continues along this pathway. Walls' self-titled debut will be released on May 10.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player