Walls "Hang Four (Banjo or Freakout Remix)"
Releasing this collaboration between Sam Willis (of Allez-Allez) and Allessio Natalizia (a.k.a. Banjo or Freakout) is an interesting move for Kompakt, as Walls' music straddles the fine line between slow-motion Balearic vibes and something more akin to Boards of Canada or cLOUDDEAD. However, while Walls' sound might not fit into any preconceived notions of Kompakt's sonic roster, there is something strangely suitable about the pairing—after all, this remix takes a sunny, beardo-disco track akin to Meanderthals and transforms it into something more like early White Rainbow, replete with beats, seemingly infinite loops, and soaring vocals. Kompakt has delivered a pleasant surprise here, and one can only hope that it continues along this pathway. Walls' self-titled debut will be released on May 10.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player