Todd Edwards "I Might Be (Joy Orbison Remix)"
It's pretty awesome that Scion brought out the big guns to release this brand-new track from veteran garage producer Todd Edwards as the next installment of its Scion A/V Remix series. More awesome still is the host of remixers corralled to flesh out the release: 2-step legend MJ Cole, My Dear Disco, Ed Banger's Feadz, and future-dubstep darling Joy Orbison all have a go at Edwards' original. Here, Orbison tones down the ecstatic sounds of "I Might Be" for an even-keeled number that places subtle synth melodies and sub-bass rumbles far below the soulful Auto-Tuned vocal hooks and stuttering dance beats. If you're interested in doing some comparisons on your own, you can grab Edwards' original version and the rest of the remixes over here, well before the EP's official release date on April 12.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player