Steve Starks "Lydia (Smalltown Romeo Remix)"
Taken from Bustin' Loose, the fourth compilation released by the DC-based T&A label (run by Tittsworth and DJ Ayers), this remix of Steve Starks' "Lydia" by Smalltown Romeo is a high-energy exercise in rolling basslines, bouncing disco-house beats, and a seemingly endless arsenal of swelling background sounds. The Canadian supergroup—made up of the Smalltown DJs duo and Wax Romeo—seems to have only left the original's Spanish vocal intact, but even that is vocodered into oblivion. Basically, "Lydia" receives an almost complete 180—effectively transforming from a gritty street-bass number into something more suitable for a nightclub with a dress code.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player