B.R.U.C.E. "The Wallet (Tom Trago's Souljack Remix)"
Though the vocal sample might be a bit tired—after all, we don't really need to hear another asshole intoning about the awesomeness of money—the instrumental elements of both B.R.U.C.E.'s original and Tom Trago's remix are jacking enough to make up for it. Trago's remix is especially nice, as it takes the more minimal stems of the original and transforms the piece into a Chicago-style electro-house track with a nice shuffle moving throughout and a shimmering synth apex that recalls The Youngsters' "Rock to the Bit." In the end, the vocals on the "The Wallet" make it a great track to get early crowds onto a dancefloor, but an instrumental version of Trago's remix would also be welcome.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player