B.R.U.C.E. "The Wallet (Tom Trago's Souljack Remix)"
Though the vocal sample might be a bit tired—after all, we don't really need to hear another asshole intoning about the awesomeness of money—the instrumental elements of both B.R.U.C.E.'s original and Tom Trago's remix are jacking enough to make up for it. Trago's remix is especially nice, as it takes the more minimal stems of the original and transforms the piece into a Chicago-style electro-house track with a nice shuffle moving throughout and a shimmering synth apex that recalls The Youngsters' "Rock to the Bit." In the end, the vocals on the "The Wallet" make it a great track to get early crowds onto a dancefloor, but an instrumental version of Trago's remix would also be welcome.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player