B.R.U.C.E. "The Wallet (Tom Trago's Souljack Remix)"
Though the vocal sample might be a bit tired—after all, we don't really need to hear another asshole intoning about the awesomeness of money—the instrumental elements of both B.R.U.C.E.'s original and Tom Trago's remix are jacking enough to make up for it. Trago's remix is especially nice, as it takes the more minimal stems of the original and transforms the piece into a Chicago-style electro-house track with a nice shuffle moving throughout and a shimmering synth apex that recalls The Youngsters' "Rock to the Bit." In the end, the vocals on the "The Wallet" make it a great track to get early crowds onto a dancefloor, but an instrumental version of Trago's remix would also be welcome.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player