B.R.U.C.E. "The Wallet (Tom Trago's Souljack Remix)"
Though the vocal sample might be a bit tired—after all, we don't really need to hear another asshole intoning about the awesomeness of money—the instrumental elements of both B.R.U.C.E.'s original and Tom Trago's remix are jacking enough to make up for it. Trago's remix is especially nice, as it takes the more minimal stems of the original and transforms the piece into a Chicago-style electro-house track with a nice shuffle moving throughout and a shimmering synth apex that recalls The Youngsters' "Rock to the Bit." In the end, the vocals on the "The Wallet" make it a great track to get early crowds onto a dancefloor, but an instrumental version of Trago's remix would also be welcome.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player