Since 2006, the Jus Like Music site has been championing sonic gems from the worlds of hip-hop, neo-soul, jazz, dubstep, funk, and more, but earlier this year, these bloggers decided to take their advocacy to another level and launch their own online record label. After releasing the debut single from Londoner BUG, the young label's catalog was bolstered significantly with Oscillations, a two-part compilation featuring contributions from Slugabed, Alex B, Om Unit, and a bunch of other newcomers who could be lumped beneath the ever-expanding "beat scene" umbrella. One of those newcomers was Bnjmin, a young UK producer who also records under the more widely known Jackhigh and Singing Statues monikers. His song "Arose" was originally slated to appear on Oscillations, yet time constraints forced it from the final tracklist, so Jus Like Music has passed it along to share as an XLR8R exclusive. If you like its washy tones and subdued vibe, then you'll probably want to go ahead and grab Oscillations online, as both parts are available for free download.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player