Dimlite "Can't Get Use to Those"
Though he grew up in rural Switzerland, Dimlite has more in common with the tastemakers of LA's contemporary beat scene than many of his more techno-inclined countrymen. "Can't Get Use to Those" is a short little gem of a track, featuring an infectious flute loop, some bossa-style percussion, and a faded vocal that just melts into the piece's sonic texture. With a new album out on Stones Throw now, Dimlite's sound is comparable in scope and eclecticism to XLR8R favorites Baths and FlyLo, making him one of the beat genre's most interesting practitioners.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player