Dimlite "Can't Get Use to Those"
Though he grew up in rural Switzerland, Dimlite has more in common with the tastemakers of LA's contemporary beat scene than many of his more techno-inclined countrymen. "Can't Get Use to Those" is a short little gem of a track, featuring an infectious flute loop, some bossa-style percussion, and a faded vocal that just melts into the piece's sonic texture. With a new album out on Stones Throw now, Dimlite's sound is comparable in scope and eclecticism to XLR8R favorites Baths and FlyLo, making him one of the beat genre's most interesting practitioners.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player