Madleen Kane "Cherchez Pas"
From Horse Meat Disco II, the forthcoming second compilation curated and mixed by the fellas of the UK club night, comes this gem of flamboyant diva disco, "Cherchez Pas" by Madleen Kane. The Swedish model-turned-singer recorded the burning dance tune—complete with horn stabs, octave bass lines, and all sorts of pattering percussion—with Jean-Claude Friederich back in 1980, but the song still sounds just as fun and club-appropriate today as it did then. The classic number resurfaces towards the end of Horse Meat Disco II amidst equally old-school grooves from Bravo, Kasso, and El Coco, to name a few, and fulfills its duty to keep the party mix going strong throughout its entire six minutes.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player