Nguzunguzu "El Bebe Ambiente (Them Jeans Remix)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Dim Mak resident DJ/producer Them Jeans pilfered the first few seconds from fellow LA residents Nguzunguzu's "El Bebe Ambiente"—taken from the duo's free self-titled EP—to use as the basis for this booming bootleg remix. It sounds like he only managed to grab the high-pitched vocal rhythm and maybe a few percussion sounds from the original track, but the rest of the sounds in Jason Stewart's remix—filtered synths, bouncing kicks and snares, and a '90s rave-inspired melody—could've just as easily come from Nguzunguzu's repertoire. You can go ahead and add this to the other list of awesome Nguzunguzu-related things going down, like their upcoming M.I.A. mixtape—comissioned by Ms. Arulpragasam herself—and their show this Saturday at San Francisco bass party Icee Hot.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player