Nguzunguzu "El Bebe Ambiente (Them Jeans Remix)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Dim Mak resident DJ/producer Them Jeans pilfered the first few seconds from fellow LA residents Nguzunguzu's "El Bebe Ambiente"—taken from the duo's free self-titled EP—to use as the basis for this booming bootleg remix. It sounds like he only managed to grab the high-pitched vocal rhythm and maybe a few percussion sounds from the original track, but the rest of the sounds in Jason Stewart's remix—filtered synths, bouncing kicks and snares, and a '90s rave-inspired melody—could've just as easily come from Nguzunguzu's repertoire. You can go ahead and add this to the other list of awesome Nguzunguzu-related things going down, like their upcoming M.I.A. mixtape—comissioned by Ms. Arulpragasam herself—and their show this Saturday at San Francisco bass party Icee Hot.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player