Nguzunguzu "El Bebe Ambiente (Them Jeans Remix)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Dim Mak resident DJ/producer Them Jeans pilfered the first few seconds from fellow LA residents Nguzunguzu's "El Bebe Ambiente"—taken from the duo's free self-titled EP—to use as the basis for this booming bootleg remix. It sounds like he only managed to grab the high-pitched vocal rhythm and maybe a few percussion sounds from the original track, but the rest of the sounds in Jason Stewart's remix—filtered synths, bouncing kicks and snares, and a '90s rave-inspired melody—could've just as easily come from Nguzunguzu's repertoire. You can go ahead and add this to the other list of awesome Nguzunguzu-related things going down, like their upcoming M.I.A. mixtape—comissioned by Ms. Arulpragasam herself—and their show this Saturday at San Francisco bass party Icee Hot.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player