Memoryhouse "Lately (Teengirl Fantasy Remix)"
The hazy sounds propagated by so-called "dream-pop" bands are a perfect fit for their like-minded counterparts in the "chillwave" and other similarly lo-fi electronic scenes. Canadian duo Memoryhouse (above) lent the elements of its song "Lately" to Oberlin-based Teengirl Fantasy for a remix turn around, and what came out the other side isn't much like the budding duo's usual output. Layers of bucolic field recordings set the backdrop for a soft-hearted mix of melodic electronics that swirl around a quietly undulating beat before the boys wash over the mix with a slow-moving filter. It's not "dream-pop." It's not "chillwave." It's just cool music. (via Pitchfork)
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player