Memoryhouse "Lately (Teengirl Fantasy Remix)"
The hazy sounds propagated by so-called "dream-pop" bands are a perfect fit for their like-minded counterparts in the "chillwave" and other similarly lo-fi electronic scenes. Canadian duo Memoryhouse (above) lent the elements of its song "Lately" to Oberlin-based Teengirl Fantasy for a remix turn around, and what came out the other side isn't much like the budding duo's usual output. Layers of bucolic field recordings set the backdrop for a soft-hearted mix of melodic electronics that swirl around a quietly undulating beat before the boys wash over the mix with a slow-moving filter. It's not "dream-pop." It's not "chillwave." It's just cool music. (via Pitchfork)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player