Another addition to Los Angeles' near-capacity beat scene, Asura sent over this track from his recently released self-titled debut LP, which is also the first album from LA label Non Projects. "Manzanita" takes its time to introduce any kind of rhythm; the whole first minute and a half is void of drum sounds, and is filled instead with thick atmospheric noise, delayed guitars, and a distant, muffled booming. As far as beat music goes, the classically trained Asura seems to be one of the most interested in melody, mood, and, surprisingly, singing along with his bedroom productions.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player