Teen Daze "New Theory (Washed Out Cover)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
It's hard to quantify, but it seems like John Hughes movies really did a fucking number on a huge swath of the human populace—at least folks between the ages of 18 and 45. How else can you explain Teen Daze, whose sentimental electronic bliss-pop often sounds like something from the soundtrack to 17 Candles: Long Duk Dong's Revenge? Here the young Vancouver producer covers "New Theory," the original of which appeared on Washed Out's Life of Leisure EP. And while the music's cultural reference points might be familiar, we'd be lying if we said that this didn't touch some warm, squishy place inside and make us want to overcome some teen-angst-related struggles. (via Pitchfork)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player