Teen Daze "New Theory (Washed Out Cover)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
It's hard to quantify, but it seems like John Hughes movies really did a fucking number on a huge swath of the human populace—at least folks between the ages of 18 and 45. How else can you explain Teen Daze, whose sentimental electronic bliss-pop often sounds like something from the soundtrack to 17 Candles: Long Duk Dong's Revenge? Here the young Vancouver producer covers "New Theory," the original of which appeared on Washed Out's Life of Leisure EP. And while the music's cultural reference points might be familiar, we'd be lying if we said that this didn't touch some warm, squishy place inside and make us want to overcome some teen-angst-related struggles. (via Pitchfork)
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player