Ja Prawn "Suicide Party"
LA's Ja Prawn might be one of the weirder bands we've heard in while— after all, combining boogie-funk, analog synth fetishism, and weird prog-rock song structures isn't typical, but "Suicide Party" is proof that the eclectic mix really works. With a bassline that could have come from an early Larry Heard project, gauzy synths recalling '70s AM rock radio, and electric guitar bits that wouldn't be out of place on a Journey reunion tour, "Suicide Party" is a strange yet extraordinarily catchy earworm. Be sure to check out the rest of Ja Prawn's first album here, where it is available for free download.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
XLR8R Downloads Player